Super Charged Special Effects Printing Class -August 17-18, 2023 - Georgia
GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS SOMETHING DIFFERENT
THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD AT OUR GA FACILITY - August 15-16, 2023
Go beyond the world of simple plastisol inks and learn to add extra value to your prints in our two day, hands-on Super Charged Special Effects Screen Printing Class.
Designed for students looking to dive deeper into the art and science of screen printing, this class focuses on specialty inks and techniques that many screen printers overlook. You'll learn to identify situations in which new techniques might make sense for your print shop and how to put your new skills into practice.
Students will print more in this class than any other Texsource multi-day course.
The idea? Allow you to learn more options to charge higher prices for your work.
Looking to learn the advantages of water based printing and how to mitigate its drawbacks? This class is for you. You'll learn the mechanics of discharge printing on cotton garments, a technique that produces super soft-hand prints. We'll also show you how to use plasticharge mixing systems so you can utilize discharge techniques with your every day plastisol inks.
You'll learn how plastisol heat transfers can allow you to quickly screen print and store customer favorite designs that can later be applied to shirts on-demand with just a simple heat press. That same heat press can used to apply colorful foils atop printed adhesives. We cover that, too.
We'll help you understand the ins-and-outs of printing specialty plastisol glitters, fluorescents and phosphorescent, shimmer, crystalina and puff inks and the right situation in which to use each.
Expect to spend the majority of both days on your feet printing multiple designs. Lunch and snacks will be provided each day.
Two Day Syllabus
- PRINT: Water-based inks and water-based discharge inks
- PRINT: Plasticharge inks
- PRINT: Silicone Inks (Stretchability for 100 percent poly fibers)
- PRINT: Water activated inks (Matsui Phantom Clear)
- PRINT: Foil adhesive and apply bright colored heat press foils
- PRINT: and apply plastisol heat transfers
- PRINT: Plastisol puff inks
- PRINT: Reflective ink (think police gear, running gear, night applications)
- PRINT: Crystalina inks
- PRINT: Glitter/Metallic inks
- Special effects focused artwork design considerations (Adobe Illustrator) and film output
- Proper emulsion choice and use when printing discharge and plasticharge inks
- Mesh selection and its impact when printing specialty inks
- Substrate choice and why it matters in the special effects printing
- Key differences between water based printing and plastisol printing
- How to mix and use water based, discharge and plastisol-based specialty inks
- How to avoid common pitfalls when printing water based inks
- Properly cure - and test - special effects inks
- Print and cure discharge and plasticharge designs
- Question and answer session
- How to design, print and store plastisol heat transfers
- How to use a heat press to apply plastisol heat transfers
- Customize any screen printed design using adhesive and textile foils
- Easily add dimensional effects to any design using plastisol-based puff inks
- Understand and print fluorescent inks
- How to tint phosphorescent (glow-in-the-dark) inks custom colors
- Understand and print shimmer, glitter and metallic inks
- How to properly price special effects prints
Location: Texsource Screen Printing Supply,
2783 Peterson Pl NW,
Norcross, GA 30071
*note - Texsource reserves the right to use video and photos from our classes for promotional purposes.