Avient™ Specialty Ink INFINITE FX SHIMMERS are a special effect with a fine-medium size metallic flake for a brilliant shimmer effect with a smooth and soft feel. These shimmers are ready-for-use or can be tinted using plastisol colorants for a custom look.
The possibilities are endless with the Avient Specialty Inks Infinite FX range. Customize your prints with the addition of texture, dimensions, glitters, shimmers, glow in the dark and much more.
Avient Specialty Inks plastisol special effect inks, modifiers and additives are designed to help printers stand out from the competition! Encompassing industry-popular effects and additives, this portfolio offers dazzling shimmers, glitters, gels, texture effects and performance-enhancing modifiers.
When printed and cured on a garment these inks create unique surface textures and can be used as bases alone, or in combination with other additives, such as pigment concentrates.
- Extensive specialty ink portfolio
- Performance on press and on garments
- Universally applicable with all Avient plastisol inks
TIPS FOR PRINTING
- Stir inks before printing
- Use consistent, high-tensioned screen mesh to optimize performance properties
- Print in last position or flash after each print if using multiple screens
- Print direct to fabric or over a flashed-dried base plate. Use a suitable underbase when printing on garments prone to bleed
- Tintable with plastisol colorants. See Pigment Loading section for suggested tinting percentages. Adjust the % colorant added based on the strength of the colorants and color saturation desired
- Metallics reflect infrared heat and a forced air dryer is recommended for curing. If using an electric oven, extend dwell time to achieve proper cure
- Curing is a time and temperature process, a lower oven temperature setting with a slower belt speed while maintaining recommended ink cure temperature is always best to protect fabric, control dye migration and reduce energy consumption
- INFINITE FX SHIMMERS can be cured between 270°F-320°F (132°C-160°C)
- Can be mixed with other Infinite FX HD bases or clears
- For cold-peel transfers, use a coated release paper or polyester film. Print using 70 duro squeegee and recommended mesh counts followed by adhesive. Gel at 212°F (100°C) for 60 sec. Apply transfer with heat press at 300°F (150°C) for 10-12 sec at medium pressure. For transfers on polyester, back with a low bleed white and/or blocker. Verify process.
- For individual compliance certifications and conformity statements, please visit www.avientspecialtyinks.com/services/compliance-support