M&R Starlight LED Screen Exposure Unit 23"x31"
Call To Order
Original price $6,460.00 - Original price $6,460.00
$6,460.00 - $6,460.00
Current price $6,460.00
Click HERE to request a freight quote on this item.
As a leading distributor for M&R products, Texsource can give you the absolute best price, training, and support on all M&R products. Call or contact us today for information on the exact M&R products that best suit your business needs.
*shown with optional floor stand. Product photos provided by manufacturer may not be exact configuration of the product listing and may also contain optional accessories. A crating fee may be required for this product. Additional lead time may be required for this product.
Starlight™ is M&R’s versatile and affordable tabletop or stand-mounted UV LED screen exposure unit. It’s ideal for conventional exposures, and an optional CTS retrofit kit turns Starlight into a computer-to-screen (CTS) UV LED screen exposure system. Starlight's UV LEDs save energy costs, reduce screen exposure time, speed up production, and operate at far lower temperatures than metal-halide lamps. And, unlike expensive metal-halide bulbs that require replacement every year or two, Starlight's UV LED light source can last for decades. In fact, M&R is so confident in the longevity of Starlight's screen-exposure LEDs that it backs them with a limited lifetime warranty against failure in normal use. And the high density of M&R’s screen-exposure LEDs (6840 on Starlight 3140 and 4320 on Starlight 2331) provides the finest detail, the most uniform coverage, and the quickest exposures available. M&R’s Starlights have more than three times as many LEDs per square inch as some competing products.
Starlight’s sophisticated digital touchscreen controller automates screen exposures. All the operator needs to do is select the appropriate exposure preset and press START. The entire process, including vacuum, exposure, and shutdown, takes place without further operator involvement. Starlight allows the operator to walk away after initiating the process because Starlight ensures that exposures will not begin until proper vacuum has been reached—and vacuum and exposure LEDs will shut off automatically upon completion of exposure. Vacuum and exposure times can be set between 0.1 and 999.9 seconds. And Starlight’s Job Recall™ speeds processing and increases productivity by enabling operators to save and recall up to 24 vacuum and exposure profiles—and identify each with a unique name or description.
Starlights quickly expose direct, capillary, and indirect emulsions. They work particularly fast on photopolymer emulsions, which can be exposed in as little as three to five seconds (results will vary based on emulsion type and thickness). Starlight UV LED screen exposure units can be located in areas housing unexposed screens because the ultraviolet light source and vacuum frame are enclosed, and the screen exposure lamp can't be turned on while the blanket frame is open. Starlights also incorporate several strips of yellow, non-exposing LED inspection lights for convenient setup. Starlights are available in two sizes: Starlight 2331 is capable of exposing screen frames up to 58 x 79 cm (23” x 31”) and Starlight 3140 is capable of exposing screen frames up to 79 x 102 cm (31" x 40"). Starlight 2331 is perfect for small and startup shops, while Starlight 3140 makes it easy for medium-size shops to quickly process larger screens and higher volume. And Starlight 3140 is compatible with most sizes of M&R’s Tri-Loc Registration System. If you're looking for blazingly fast quality exposures at an unbelievably affordable price, you'll find it all in the Starlight.
BLANKET & VACUUM
- Exceptionally flexible and resilient material ensures intimate contact
- Gas shocks simplify blanket frame opening and closing
- Oil-free pump is fast, quiet, and efficient
- Specially designed vacuum system features high-speed drawdown
- CE Certified: Built to specifications established by the European Committee for Standardization® (CE)
- UL Listed: Built to specifications established by Underwriters Laboratories® (UL)
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- Fully-enclosed, heavy-duty all steel cabinet
- Light-Loc™ automatically turns off the screen exposure light source if the blanket frame is opened
- Optically clear plate glass
- Self-contained design speeds production by allowing placement in light-safe screen-coating rooms
- Ships fully assembled and ready to deploy
- Starlight 3140 is compatible with most sizes of M&R’s Tri-Loc® Rapid Registration System
- Computerized touchscreen controller allows the operator to set vacuum and exposure times
- Exposure time can be set between 0.1 and 999.9 seconds
- Job Recall™ allows operators to save and recall up to 24 vacuum & exposure profiles—and identify each with a unique name or description
- Vacuum sensor automatically initiates the exposure process as soon as the operator-defined vacuum setting is reached
LIGHT SOURCE FOR SCREEN EXPOSURES
- Dramatically reduces exposure time
- Multiple banks of high-output UV LEDs excel on all emulsions: direct, capillary, and indirect
- The high density of M&R’s screen-exposure LEDs (over 2000 on the Starlight 3140 and more than 1200 on the Starlight 2331) provides the finest detail, the most uniform coverage, and the quickest exposures available
- UV LEDs run cooler, reduce screen exposure time, and speed up production
- UV LEDs use far less energy than metal halide lamps and are only on during the screen exposure process
- Starlight’s Controller automates the screen exposure process:
1. The operator selects the appropriate exposure preset and presses START
2. When the system reaches the preset vacuum level, the user-set vacuum countdown begins
3. When vacuum countdown reaches zero, the LED exposure process begin
4. When exposure countdown reaches zero, vacuum and exposure LEDs turn off automatically
5. After the exposure is complete, the display shows EXPOSURE COMPLETE letting the operator know that the screen has been exposed
- Starlight’s exposure process allows the operator to walk away after pushing the start button because the automated process ensures that exposures will not begin until proper vacuum has been reached—and vacuum and exposure LEDs will shut off automatically upon completion of exposure
WARRANTY, SERVICE AND SUPPORT
- 24-hour hotline is staffed 365 days a year
- M&R OEM parts—including genuine M&R pallets & platens—and screen printing supplies are available online at store.mrprint.com
- One-year limited warranty
- The screen-exposure LEDs used in the i-Image STE I carry a limited lifetime warranty against failure in normal use
AVAILABLE PRODUCT OPTIONS
CTS Retrofit Kit for SL 2331
- CTS Retrofit Kit for SL 3140
- Starlight Floor Stand for 23x31
- Starlight Floor Stand for 31x40
- Transformer to run unit at 220V/50hz (SL2331 Only)