Texsource Soft Hand Base
Soft Hand Base makes it possible to print soft hand feeling prints using plastisol inks. The base softens the plastisol ink enough to allow more absorption into fabric, like printing with water-based inks. Soft Hand Base can be used as an additive for all inks or as a carrier for pigment concentrates. The golden ratio for mixing soft hand base and ink is, there is none. 80/20, 60/40, 50/50 whatever you like. Play mad scientist with it, just keep in mind that the more soft hand base that is mixed in some of the opacity will be lost.
There is no limit to the amount of Soft Hand Base that may be added. Just be aware, the more base added the less opaque your ink will be.
- Store at 65-90°F away from direct sunlight.
- Typical shelf life of one year within the manufacturing date.
- Flash at 160°F for 3-5 seconds
- Cure at 320°F for 60-90 seconds
- Coat screens with plastisol or hybrid emulsions
- When using pigment concentrates, do not exceed 15% PC into mixture
For those marathon print runs, post-hardening the stencil is recommended